Friday, October 11, 2013

Cinnamon Apple Jelly Fundraiser

My ticket is booked. 
I leave for Uganda October 29th. 
I'll come back home December 6th just in time for Christmas. 

I'm excited to share with everyone my plans for this next trip. 

If anyone were to ask me where my heart is in Uganda, I'd tell them the same thing. 
With the street children 

Kampala, the city I work in, it is hard to move around 
anywhere, espcially in highly populated areas and 
not see a child on the side of the road 
begging. 
My heart goes out to these children, some I have come 
to know during my time in the slum
at the feeding program. You learn their names. 

You remember their faces. You hear their stories. 
Some of these children are as young
as 5 years old. Others only toddlers. 
The younger children being taken care of 
by older siblings that wouldn't 
even be in junior high yet if they had the opportunity
of ever going to school. 
Some of these street children have been orphaned. 
Others have been kicked out of their homes or ran away from abusive situations.
Some have simply gotten lost and never found their way home. 
It's a sad reality for these kids.


They live, sleep, and eat in the streets.
This video link gives a more accurate picture of what life on the streets is like.
I think this ministry did a wonderful job with the video
and it is actually filmed on the streets
of Kampala, Uganda.
Watch Video Here


On past trips with different teams we have done some
feeding ministries in the streets.
This is one of my most favorite things.
We pile together a bunch of food, whether it be
peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
or a bunch of bananas
or just our left overs from lunch
and we find children who are looking to eat.
Depending where we go we are often
overwhelmed with the number of
children who are hungry and looking for food.

During my next trip I hope to do much more of this.
This is where YOU come in.


Until the end of October I will be having a fundraiser
selling my Homemade Apple Cinnamon Jelly.
All of the funds raised will go towards
my feeding ministry in the streets.


I didn't realize how much work it is to make Apple Jelly!
But I had fun making it, took me a bit to get it just right.
I used fresh organic apples
picked straight from the tree
Some of them are picked
from my trees, but we only
have green apples so I
did a combination of red and green.


My mom taste tested the first batch
and she approved :)




Price: $5.00 Each
(8 ounce Jar)

(They are made with love! And I had to pray over every jar to make sure the Jell set lol)
If you prefer a bigger Jar size let me know and I will see what I can do :)
P.S. Jelly is Vegan friendly.

How to Order:
You can Facebook me or email me.
My email is:
Stellarpollux0k0@live.com

Tell me how many you want and I will give you your price.


If you live in Jay County and attend The Rock Church
We can arrange pick up and payment there.
Or you can pre-pay through pay-pal

We could also arrange pick up and payment at Inman Insurance
Mon-Friday 9-5
Or Saturday morning 9-11

We will discuss in a personal message what works
best for you.


If you would like me to ship your Jelly to you
please message me and include your address.

Please wait for me to message you back with your
shipping costs before you make your payment
on pay-pal!
Because the flat shipping rate was
so high I can give people a better price
for shipping if I just ship a normal
package priority mail.

When you message me please include:

* How many jars you want

and

 * Your address you want it shipped to


I will message you back with your total
price including shipping.
Once you have your total you can pay through
pay-pal.
My Pay button is at the top of
my blog.


The more Jars I can sell the more children
I can feed during my street outreach.
Thank you so much for your support
and taking the time to
read my blog.

Everyone's support and encouragement means so much to me!













No comments:

Post a Comment