Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Uganda 2012





Our 2012 team just arrived back from Uganda, Africa this Monday. We had two long flights from Entebbe to London and London to Chicago. I have been catching up on sleep and getting back to the flow of things and haven't had time to post much yet! We left May 16th and returned home May 28th. This years trip was amazing, it's hard to explain everything that went on, mostly because there is so much to say and no words to describe it. I am already praying for the people God will choose to come along with us next year and I can't wait to see who they will be. Unlike last year, I was able to cope with this years trip much better. Last year, I struggled with leaving and knowing how much need and despair I was leaving behind to go back home to my comfy life where I have everything I need. It was hard on me, and my dad didn't even want me to go back this year because of it, but I am so glad that I did. It was different this time. I knew what to expect and things didn't hit me as hard, but what helped the most was the places we visited and seeing a new hope in things. I was even able to meet a few children I met last year who my heart ached to see because it seemed things wouldn't ever turn around for them and now they are doing incredibly well, its amazing to see how God can change lives.

It is so hard to tell everything in one post so I have decided to make several everyday for a while until I am able to cover everything :) I will include some personal stories, people I met along the way, places we went, things we saw, and all the wonderful blessings this trip had for me and the people of Uganda. If there is something specific you would like me to post about feel free to message me on facebook, email me, or find me at church!

love,
Lynne

1 comment: