Saturday, March 7, 2015

Encouragement In times of silence



God is ever knowing. 
Ever seeing. 
Ever doing. 

He is sovereign
And we can trust Him always. 

Even when He seems to be silent. 

If God is silent. Sit in his silence. And you will grow. 

We need to find God and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass - grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence… We need silence to be able to touch souls. 
-- Mother Teresa

Even when God is silent. 
He is still moving. 

He still has complete control over your life. 
So there is no reason to be anxious. 

Enjoy the silence. 
Praise God for having everything under control. 

When God spoke to Elijah on Mount Horeb, He could have done so in the wind, earthquake, or fire. But He didn’t. He spoke with a “still small voice”  1 Kings 19:11-18

I believe sometimes God is silent because he desires for us to also become silent.
Sit in his presence, quiet our hearts and listen. 
Stop our noise and distractions.
Then we can hear his still small voice. 




There is a beautiful song by simon and Garfunkel called the Sound of Silence. 


The song is very poetic and full of symbolism.The meaning of the lyrics, "darkness" representing ignorance. Silence representing the feeling that your opinion can not be expressed. "people talking without speaking" meaning they talk without meaning. "People hearing without listening" meaning they hear but they do not understand. "When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of neon light" he is referring to advertising, equaling wealth. "and people bowed and prayed to the neon God they made." worshiping wealth and wordily things. 

Maybe it is not God who is silent. 

Maybe He feels stuck in your silence.

Feeling as if he can not express to you


"Hear my words that I might teach you"
"Take my arms that I might reach you"


Is there truth in the meaning of the words I speak? 

I am capable of hearing, but am I truly listening?

Is there anything in my life I have not surrendered to God?  

Have I really examined my heart?


Maybe God is crying out to us in the silence.

If so..

Do not let him go unheard. 




No comments:

Post a Comment